To Love- A Poem by Me

 To Love-Fiona Mwangala


I feel like a mile high


About to fly in the sky


With a Cupids arrow in my chest


I think this is love at its best


Oh how I dreamed of this day


To have my heart on a silver tray


How those ocean eyes stole my soul


But now my hearts left with a giant hole


Oh how I dreaded this day


Now I have nothing left to say


So as I come down from cloud nine


I wondered if there was a man that was mine


Through thick and thin they said


On the day that we wed


Oh how I still love him to this day


To get over him there's no easy way


I gave my heart


To a man who was not very smart


For now, I may suffer


But in the end, I'll only get tougher 


I've learned my lesson 


And so my ignorance will lessen


To love is to give yourself up


To hand your heart in a tray cup


You see Love is an act of complete surrender to another person


And If one doesn't learn of this, miscommunication will worsen


And so I give my heart to you


What you do with it is up to you 


***

I hope you guys enjoyed this poem as much as I did writing it. 


I thought since my latest topic is love I should probably write a poem about that. 


Please let me what you guys think, constructive criticism is better kind of criticism. 


Have a lovely rest of your day😊💐


Let me know if you would like more poems like this published. Because I have a lot I’ve written and would love to share. 


***

Comments